Indigenous to the fertile volcanic soil of high-elevation Ecuador, GY GOLDEN BERRIES grow amidst the Andes Mountains at 9450 ft.
The combination of mineralized soil, intense sunlight & pure glacial spring water from Cotopaxi Volcano makes for a nutritious sweet-tart berry. These berries are all hand-harvested and processed on-site, dehydrated at low temperature to perfection keeping them 100% raw and delicious!
Golden berries, also known as “Gooseberries” or “Incan Berries”, have been cultivated in South America for centuries and revered for their health benefits and mouth-puckering sweet/sour flavour. The wrinkly, thick-skinned exterior contains a seedy, chewy interior that bursts with flavour, similar to a kumquat. Unlike more common dried fruit, this superfood has nothing added to it which means you aren’t loading up on unnecessary calories and chemicals.
The Benefits of Golden berries include:
• May be approximately 16% protein.
• The phosphorous in these berries may maximize bone-strengthening benefits as calcium alone isn’t capable of building strong bones and tissue.
• May be an excellent source of Vitamin A, which is a fat-soluble vitamin that not only aids in keeping eyes, skin and mucous membranes moist, but it’s also a potent antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals in the body.
• May be a potent source of the antioxidant Vitamin C, a water-soluble vitamin. Vitamin C is required by more than 300 metabolic functions in the body including tissue growth, adrenal gland function, healthy gums, metabolism, and more. Vitamin C may bind with toxic substances and heavy metals to render them harmless while setting them up for easy excretion.
• B vitamins may exist in Golden berries (B1, B2, B6 and B12). These complex B vitamins do a great deal to reduce stress, improve memory, improve energy, reduce fatigue, spur metabolism, relieve PMS, and reduce the risk of heart disease. They’ve even been shown to help the body burn fat.
• Golden berries may be a source of bioflavonoids which may contain antiviral, anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, antihistamine, and antioxidant properties. A handful of these berries provide a hefty dose of antioxidants.
In folk medicine, Golden berries have been used to help a variety of ailments including; asthma, edema, optic nerve disorders, throat affliction, gastrointestinal upset, intestinal parasites, skin conditions of varying sorts, cancer, leukemia, malaria, asthma, hepatitis, dermatitis and rheumatism. They may help maintain a healthy weight, ward off disease, and improve organ function.
• Sweet n’ Sour - Nature’s sour candy.
• May be 16% protein, amazing for a fruit!
• May be packed with a plethora of vitamins and nutrients such as B12.
• May be a good source of Vitamin C and much more.
Add 1-2 TBS to smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, trail mixes or salads. Pair with chocolate, wine, or cheese. Make a GY GOLDEN BERRY jam or sauce, or eat them raw by the handful.
Ingredients: Certified Organic, 100% Raw, Wild-crafted, Sun-dried Golden berries.
Posted by Unknown on 6th Feb 2017
I had big plans of making chocolates with these but they just went in my belly because yum. ++good
Posted by Stephania on 16th Aug 2016
super taste & texture, far beyond any other company's products
Posted by Sue on 30th Mar 2016
Excellent product. These berries add an interesting (and healthy) flavor to ordinary muffins. Many thanks.
Posted by Adam Siddhartha on 24th Feb 2016
these berries are soooooo tasty, tart and sweet with a luxurious texture that will blow your mind and re-educate your taste buds as to what a dried fruit can really be! I've read that they are also the highest source of B vitamins in any plant ever studied! Thanks Giddy YoYo! Keep em coming!
Posted by Leanne on 23rd Jun 2015
I'm not a huge chocolate person, but I consume it because of it's healing benefits. However, combined with the tangy tartness of these superfruit golden berries, I can't get enough!